Advanced Certificate for the Executive Personal Assistant (ACEPA)
Intensive 5-day Training Programme – Internationally Accredited Certification.
This In-Person course is offered in multiple locations throughout the year. Please check back this page for updates on new schedules.
*Please select the correct option when checking out.
The role of the Executive Personal Assistant is growing exponentially. From humble beginnings, the Executive Personal Assistant is now required to perform demanding roles on behalf of their boss, such as preparing executive reports, governing projects and making contributions during executive board meetings.
Executive Personal Assistants now have a highly visible and demanding role in blue chip corporations and government organisations.
This demanding role makes it imperative that the Executive Personal Assistant has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the key fundamentals of strategic thinking, project management, corporate finance and reporting, leadership, HR, procurement and information technology.
Advanced training for the Executive Personal Assistant is therefore a source of security, prosperity and power!
On completion of this five day training course you will receive your certificate which has been fully accredited by Qualifi, an official UK Government recognised awarding body.
In addition to Qualifi, ACEPA™ is independently accredited by the CPD Standards Office, who award independent accreditation to training and learning activities across all professions and sectors.
Key Benefits Gained By Attending This ACEPA Course:
- Give the boss greater confidence to delegate important and critical tasks
- Stand-in for the boss at key meetings when required. In effect “Be seen as the Boss”
- Support management in inspiring the shared vision of the organisation and prioritizing in line with the corporate strategy
- Cope with ethical challenges that are faced on a regular basis
- Better understand themselves and others through behavioural profiling thereby significantly enhancing communication and influencing skills
- Effectively support and stand in for management at project status reports/update meetings
- Support management in ensure projects are being run in accordance with best practice and internal methodologies
- Significantly improve the effectiveness of meetings
- Demonstrate clear understand of Risk Management and Response mechanisms
- Better communicate at all levels
- Undertake effective negotiation with suppliers, clients and co-workers as required
- Demonstrate a basic understand of financial reports and statements
- Manage time more effectively leading to increased productivity
- Resolve problems using proven and effective techniques
- Gain an accredited Certificate approved by a UK regulated body – the Advanced Certificate for the Executive Personal Assistant (ACEPA™)
- Use ACEPA™ on your business card and on your resume
- Demonstrate that you have completed you have the skills and experience to manage effectively on a national, regional and global level
- Gain 30 CPD Credits accredited by the CPD Standards Office www.cpdstandards.com
Joanie Nel, winner of OPSA Office Professional of the Year 2015, attended ACEPA™ in March 2015 and credits it as being one of the important steps in winning the competition.
By attending this interactive ACEPA™ course you will be equipped with the skills to:
- Understand the key fundamentals of corporate behaviour
- Understand the linkages between strategy, projects and operations
- Put in place effective project governance processes
- Understand the art of effective communication
- Organise and run effective meetings
- Enhance your presentation skills
- Appreciate the importance and benefits of people management and leadership
- Understand the four key financial statements
- Appreciate the qualities of being an effective personal assistant
- Learn how to manage conflict
- Undertake basic problem solving activities
- Master the art of multi tasking
- Act within agreed protocols & with diplomacy
Who Should Attend This Course:
- Executive Personal Assistants
- Executive Assistants / EAs
- Personal Assistants / PAs
- Office Managers
- Administration Managers
- Executive Personal Secretaries
- Executive Secretaries / Personal Secretaries
- Management Assistants / Management Secretaries
- Senior Assistants
- PLUS anyone else responsible for the support of the senior management and executives
Join the elite group of Executive Assistants who have benefited from this unique course around the globe.
“This course has given me a new understanding of the new modern EA roles. Mr. Arnott successfully delivered this excellent program identifying the critical and congruent material content to train the EA’s and how to implement in our functions. Mr. Arnott skillfully managed the plethora of personalities in the group providing one-on-one attention. He has the gift of identifying each attendee’s primary talents and brings out the best in each one throughout the course. I can wholeheartedly recommend this program.”
Kenia B. Figueredo, Executive Assistant, Johnson & Johnson Supply Chain
“This course is not your average how-to-make-software-work-better EA course. This five day course will push you to not only think like your Executive, but have the deeper understanding of the business behind that thinking. The curriculum is packed with information transferable across industries, and the flow of the material is very well thought out, interconnected and engaging”
Executive Assistant, Booz Allen Hamilton, New York City
– Programme Director and Big 4 Management Consultant
Richard is an accomplished Programme Director and Big 4 Management Consultant with over 25 years global project and programme management experience within the Financial Services, Utilities, Logistics and Infrastructure sectors.
Richard specialises in project management, business transformation and change management and is co-Author and founder of many of the Business Management Training Group’s accredited courses.
Richard is a member of the Project Management Institute and has held senior positions in Asia and Europe and for PricewaterhouseCoopers in the UK as well as leading FTSE 250 companies. Richard is currently a Director of several companies based in the UK and in Asia.
He is a founding Director of the Business Management Training Group Ltd and a member of the Business Management Training Council.
The ACEPA™ course covers the following topics:
Aligning Operations to Strategy
- Corporate vision and mission
- How operations delivers the strategy
- Cascading objectives
Fundamentals of Modern Corporate Behaviour
- Exploring the characteristics of today’s global business environment
- Understanding the role of the Executive Assistant in a global economy
- Why is the Executive Assistant more relevant than ever before?
- Debating the importance and relevance of the Executive Assistant’s role in today’s business environment
Exploring Linkages Between Strategy, Projects and Operations
- Strategy clarification
- Identifying structures, governance, systems and people capabilities
- Project alignment with strategy and organizational goals
Fundamentals of Project Management
- What is a project?
- Work breakdown structure
- Planning tools, project risks
- Ways to compress a project’s schedule and budget
- Implementing effective project governance
- Controlling the project, including status meetings and issues management
- Managing effective meetings
- Understanding the 4 key financial Statements
People Management & Leadership
- Identify your leadership profile and explore how you can use this knowledge to create your own future
- Assess your leadership competencies and learn how you can develop your strengths
- Identify those additional skills and tools that can make you a better leader
- Know your inter-personal style and how your behaviour impacts others
- DISC personality profiling
Effective Communication & Conflict Management
- Develop your ability to influence and communicate with others
- Understanding communication
- Diversity, assumptions and stereotypes
- Listening skills
- Verbal and non-verbal communication
Other Essential Management Skills
- Stakeholder management
- Risk management
- Managing quality
- Understanding and measuring corporate performance
- Drilling down to the Executive Assistant role
- Measuring success
Presentation & Report Writing Skills
- Oral versus written presentations
- Planning presentations
- Overcoming nervousness
- Report writing
- Presentation preparation
- The speaking voice
Problem Solving & Multitasking
- Differentiate and define various types of problems
- Root cause analysis
- Evaluate solutions and apply creative thinking techniques to problem solving
- Determine the decision objective
- Develop selection criteria & evaluate alternatives
Business Etiquette, Protocol & Diplomacy
- Cultural awareness
- Understanding cross-cultural differences and awareness
Using technology in the 21st century
- Telephone courtesies
- Mobile phone etiquette
- Email protocols
Personality Profiling Test
* Only those who successfully complete the examination and participate effectively in the course case studies will receive the Advanced Certificate for the Executive Personal Assistant ACEPA™
|Advanced Certificate for the Executive Personal Assistant (ACEPA)||1 day, 11 hours|
No Reviews found for this course.