Conversations at Work
Promoting a Culture of Conversation in a Changing Workplace. Exclusively offered as a 1-day in-house course.
This 1-day course is offered exclusively as an in-house option. Fee quoted is only for training delivery for up to 20 participants, and excludes travel, stay and other miscellaneous.
An in-house one-day workshop for managers in organisations that want to promote and develop conversation skills based on the newly released book by co-authors and facilitators Tim Baker and Aubrey Warren.
- To develop confidence and skill in conversational leadership
- To appreciate the power and capacity of developmental and performance conversations
- To remove or manage the organisational barriers to productive conversations
- Conversational leadership – establishing the right psychological contract
- Activity: assess your organisation/team; its psychological contract and context
- Addressing the nine barriers to communication
- Activity: assess your organisation/team barriers and strategies to change or manage
- Understanding and managing conversational styles
- Activity: Identify communication and conflict styles – strengths and limitations
- Showing the “face” of communication with skill
- Activity: Self-assessment questionnaires and reflection on strengths and opportunities for growth
- “Showing up, listening up, speaking up, and lifting up”
- Activity: Conversation practice in small groups
- Applying the Five Conversations Framework
- Climate Review conversation, Strengths and Talents conversation, Opportunities for Growth conversation, Learning and Development conversation, and Innovation and Continuous Improvement conversation
- Activity: 23 minutes practice session
- Five more everyday conversations
- Mentoring, Delegating, Visioning, Encouraging, and Problem Solving and Making Decisions
- Activity: Identify potential high-value conversations and their context in the participants’ workplace
- Action planning
- Workplace project style – including 4 x weekly email follow ups to support accountability
- Activity: managing your conversational style – where, when and how
- Activity: Implementing specific conversations
- Activity: Identifying supportive partners
- Summary and takeaways
|Conversations at Work||08:00:00|
No Reviews found for this course.