Effective Crisis Management and Communications
An In-Person Training Course by Esanda.
In-House sessions are available upon request.
The course provides a comprehensive insight into the challenges of crisis management and, especially, those faced in dealing with a 24/7 media environment. The course will examine the building blocks of effective crisis management and how excellent planning and good media management can mitigate any reputational damage that might come from a major crisis incident.
The Course Is Designed For:
Senior managers and heads of department from the corporate communications, public affairs, marketing, media relations, human resources and health & safety disciplines across all industries but particularly those industries with perceived exposure to major potential crisis situations resulting from:
- Industrial unrest
- Transport issues
- Equipment malfunction
- Natural disasters
- Product failure
- Personnel incompetence or malpractice
Understanding reputation management
- What do we mean by ‘reputation management’?
- What factors influence it?
- How do you measure it?
- Key aspects of reputation management?
- Who is responsible?
- The world we live and operate in – the hostility climate
What constitutes a ‘crisis’?
Identifying threats and risks
Social media – the end of business as usual?
- What do we mean by ‘social’ media?
- The empowerment of customers
- Developing a social media strategy
Practical crisis management
- Differentiating between crisis management and business continuity
- Understanding where crisis communications contributes to the retention of good reputation
- Planning the initial response to the crisis
- Ongoing management of the crisis
- When does the crisis finish?
The role of the leader in a crisis
- Is leadership the key differentiator in a crisis?
- Helpful and unhelpful leadership styles during a crisis
- What should the leader actually do?
Communications in a crisis
- Understanding conventional and new media
- Determining the best communication channels to pass key messages to all stakeholders
- The importance of the holding statement and ‘fast facts’
- Drafting further statements and information injects
- Facilitating and managing press conferences: When, where, what, how and why
- This session will involve practical role plays that will enable the delegates to gather first hand feel of the situation and design appropriate response plans
|Effective Crisis Management and Communications||14:00:00|
No Reviews found for this course.