Layer of Protection Analysis – LOPA
An Online Training Course by Cholamandalam MS Risk Services Safety Academy.
Note: This course is taken entirely on a separate portal hosted by Cholamandalam MS Risk Services Safety Academy. Upon successful enrolment, you will receive the login details to start the course within 24-48 hours.
The world has continued to witness many industrial disasters since the beginning of the industrial age. Many of them like the Piper Alpha Oil platform incident, the Buncefield fire or the Bhopal Gas tragedy have cost us dearly.
The Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA) method is a Process Hazard Analysis tool. The method utilizes the hazardous events, event severity, initiating causes and initiating likelihood data developed during the Hazard and Operability analysis (HAZOP). The LOPA method allows the user to determine the risk associated with the various hazardous events by utilizing their severity and the likelihood of the events being initiated. User can determine the total amount of risk reduction required and analyze the risk reduction that can be achieved from various layers of protection.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the key concepts in LOPA and related terms
- Explain the steps involved in LOPA
- Compare and evaluate LOPA over other Risk Assessment techniques
- Apply the concepts of LOPA
- Solve Risk assessment problems using LOPA
Who Should Take This Course:
- HSE professionals involved in Functional Safety and Process Safety Management.
- Anyone involved in any assessment, verification and lifecycle cost and benefit analysis for safety instrumented system.
- Basics of Risk
- Introduction to Process Hazard Analysis
- PHA & LOPA
- Functional Safety
- IEC 61508 & 61511
- Understanding SIS, SIL and SIF
- Methods of SIL Determination
- Risk Graph
- Risk Matrix
- Independent Protection Layer
- LOPA in Detail
- LOPA overview
- LOPA Preparatory stage
- Initiating Events
- Enabling Event
- Conditional Modifiers
- SIL Assignment & Worksheet
- Uses, advantages and Disadvantages of using LOPA
|Layer of Protection Analysis – LOPA||01:30:00|
No Reviews found for this course.