One-Day Course on Finance for Non-Finance
A full-day course exploring the fundamentals of financial reporting.
In-House sessions are available upon requests.
- Are you a non-finance professional or non-finance manager?
- Do you need an awareness of financial matters?
- Confused by the financial terminology used by accountants?
- Need to communicate confidently on financial matters?
- Want to understand what the accountants are up to?
We can help you understand finance using simple and interesting training techniques.
If you need an introduction to finance, general financial awareness or to enhance your existing financial understanding you have come to right place.
Whether you are an office junior, a trainee, a manager, senior manager, director or even chief executive, you will find our course useful.
This course introduces delegates to the fundamental accounting concepts and terminology which underpin financial reporting, and helps them to begin their journey towards understanding financial reporting in practice.
The event looks at demystifying balance sheets, profit and loss accounts and cash flow statements, and establishes how these different statements interact, how they reflect the underlying business and how they can be distorted to show different results.
Financial awareness course highlights:
- Making sense of accounting jargon
- Understanding balance sheets
- Understanding profit and loss accounts
- Understanding cash flow statements
- An overview of accounting regulation and law, including auditing
- An introduction to financial reporting in practice
What will you get out of it?
- An opportunity to explore the fundamentals of financial reporting
- An introduction to some fundamental accounting concepts and terminology
- Gain an understanding of who uses financial statements and why?
Who is the financial awareness course for?
Anyone who wants to wants to learn the basic principles behind interpreting financial reports.
Our Training Style:
- We take an open friendly and enthusiastic approach to learning finance.
- Our aim is to make finance interesting for you as people learn more effectively when they are enjoying themselves.
- We encourage as many questions as possible and create an open atmosphere
to personalise the experience.
- We want you to ask the questions about finance that you’ve always wanted to ask.
- We’re not constrained by the course outline and welcome all questions.
|The problems of ‘cash accounting’ and why timing is essential in accounting||00:24:00|
|Making sense of accounting jargon and terminology||00:24:00|
|The link to financial performance||00:24:00|
|Understanding balance sheets||00:24:00|
|Understanding profit and loss accounts||00:24:00|
|Understanding cash flow statements||00:24:00|
|An introduction to financial reporting in practice||00:23:00|
|How to read financial statements||00:23:00|
|Who uses financial statements and why||00:23:00|
|An overview of accounting regulation and law, including auditing||00:23:00|
|Measuring the performance of a business||00:23:00|
|Return on investment||00:23:00|
|Short term solvency and liquidity||00:23:00|
|Long term solvency and gearing||00:23:00|
|The drawbacks of ratio analysis and other alternatives||00:23:00|
|Understand what constitutes success||00:23:00|
No Reviews found for this course.