Principles of Electrical Safety
An Online Training Course by Cholamandalam MS Risk Services Safety Academy.
Note: This course is taken entirely on a separate portal hosted by Cholamandalam MS Risk Services Safety Academy. Upon successful enrolment, you will receive the login details to start the course within 24-48 hours.
The main hazards of working with electricity are Electric shock and burns from contact with live parts or Injury from exposure to arcing, fire from faulty electrical equipment and defective installations. The risks could be death, injury and loss of property.
This course deals with measures that can be taken to prevent Electrical Shocks resultant injuries and damage to property and assets.
- Define what Shock, Electrocution, LOTO, Static Electricity, Lightning and Arc Flash is.
- Explain the way in which a person is exposed to electrical risk.
- Compare your current practices with standard safe practices.
- Apply the electrical safety principles for safeguarding people.
- Solve the maintenance issues keeping in mind the safety of all personnel.
Who Should Take This Course:
Plant Managers, Operations and Maintenance Personnel, HSE professionals.
- Basics of Shock
- Hazards associated with handling electricity
- Quantification of shock and assessment of hazard based on IEC 60479
- Conditions conducive to an electrical shock
- Shock protection devices
- Gloves, Safety Hat, Electrical Safety Shoes and Insulating mats
- Six stages of LOTO
- Short circuit and Fire
- Arc Flash
- How is an arc flash hazard study conducted
- How is the output studied
- Concept behind lighting and its mitigation
- Static Electricity and its mitigation
- Thermography as a predictive maintenance tool
|Principles of Electrical Safety||01:30:00|
No Reviews found for this course.