Project Risk Management
Managing Uncertainties and Risks in your Projects to Create Value to your Organisation.
In-House sessions are available upon request.
We make decisions everyday on business strategies, project portfolios, programs and projects. And every decision involves risks – threats as well as opportunities. Ignoring risks altogether in decision making will likely lead to loss of competitiveness and ultimate organizational failure. On the other hand, proactive measures involving mitigation of every conceivable threat and enhancement of every opportunity will result in waste of organizational resources. The key to success is to apply the right response strategy to each one of the risks you have identified. This can be done through a structured process involving identification, analysis and prioritization of risks followed by development and implementation of appropriate response strategies to address them. This course presents a proven six-step risk management process that is consistent with Project Management Institute’s Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) Guide. It includes commonly used tools, techniques and best practices associated with each step. It will discuss different types of risks relating not only to projects but also to programs, portfolios and organizational strategies.READ MORE
What You Will Learn:
- DIFFERENTIATE project vs. program vs. portfolio risks.
- DEMONSTRATE the importance of risk management in managing projects, programs and portfolio.
- ILLUSTRATE the roles of different project management professionals in managing risks.
- DIFFERENTIATE uncertainty vs. risk.
- IDENTIFY various tools to analyze and reduce uncertainty.
- PREPARE a risk management plan that identifies risks and provides proactive measures to manage them.
- DESCRIBE the three key components of risks.
- DISCUSS six-step project risk management process.
- DELINEATE various techniques to identify risks.
- ANALYZE and prioritize risks using qualitative and quantitative techniques.
- DEVELOP various strategies to respond to risks.
Who Should Attend:
- Project Managers, Engineers
- Program Managers
- Portfolio Managers
- Project Planners
- Team Leads
- Project team members
- PMO Managers
|Opening and Introduction||01:30:00|
|Risks in Different Phases of Project Life Cycle||01:30:00|
|Risk Management Planning||01:30:00|
|Risk Response Development||02:00:00|
|Risk Monitoring and Control||02:00:00|
|Uncertainty Vs. Risk||02:00:00|
|Program and Portfolio Risk Management||02:00:00|
No Reviews found for this course.