Selection of Electrical Equipment in Hazardous Areas
An Online Training Course by Cholamandalam MS Risk Services Safety Academy.
Note: This course is taken entirely on a separate portal hosted by Cholamandalam MS Risk Services Safety Academy. Upon successful enrolment, you will receive the login details to start the course within 24-48 hours.
One of the objectives of the HAC exercise is to select equipment so that they do not become a source of ignition.
The selection of electrical equipments is generally based on the requirements specified in standards like IS 5571 and IS/IEC 60079. Selection of electrical equipment in HAC should be based on aspects like classification of the Hazardous Area – (Zone Classification), Temperature class or Ignition temperature of gas or vapour and Gas Grouping – IIA, IIB or IIC. The course gives the learner a detailed understanding of these concepts.
- Understand HAC Zones
- Basis for classification based upon Temperature , Vapour and Gas Grouping
- Understand Types of Hazardous Area Equipment
- Selection of Electrical equipment based upon Zones
Who Should Take This Course:
Plant Managers, Operations and Maintenance Personnel, HSE professionals.
- Applicable Standards and selection criteria
- Selection based upon Surface Temperature
- Selection based on Gas Group
- Gas group details for selection of electrical equipment and MESG (Maximum Experimental Safe Gap)
- Examples of gas by their groups IIA,IIB and IIC
- Recommended protection methods – The type of equipment to be selected according to zone
- Types of Hazardous Area Equipment
- Flame proof Enclosure
- Identifying Explosive atmosphere equipment
- Identifying the equipment and its suitability from the name plate
- Guidelines for performing maintenance in HAC zones
|Selection of Electrical Equipment in Hazardous Areas||01:00:00|
No Reviews found for this course.