Self-Publishing with Smashwords
Sell ebooks at Smashwords, Apple, B&N, Kobo and retailers around the world. Perfect for self-publishing authors.
Smashwords is the world’s largest distributor of self-published ebooks. 350,000 authors have published with Smashwords for these great reasons:
- Pays you 85% royalties on direct sales.
- Converts your ebook into every file type for any possible e-reading device.
- Distributes your ebook for sale to other retailers like Apple, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, Page Foundry, Baker & Taylor, Library Direct, Oyster, Scribd, Flipkart and OverDrive while handling the finances.
- Allows you to generate ebook discounts for any amount and time frame. Perfect for gifting books or creating sale events.
- Design an author profile with photos, videos, links to your print books, interview and more.
- It’s a free service. They only make money when you sell ebooks.
Smashwords is ideal for authors who want to save time and money.READ MORE
The course is taught by Jason Matthews, bestselling author and Wedemic expert for self-publishing topics.
Everything you need to:
- format documents with NCX file
- pass Meatgrinder and make Premium Catalog
- convert to ePub
- make covers
- upload and sell at Smashwords
- distribute to major retailers around the world
What Are The Requirements:
- students can use Microsoft Word or another writing program to format their documents
- download the free Smashwords Style Guide
- download the free Calibre software for converting to Epub file type
What You Will Get From This Course:
- Over 25 lectures and 1 hour of content
- Self publish like a pro
- Format ebooks from Microsoft Word Documents
- Create Table of Contents, active hyperlinks and useful features within ebooks
- Convert MS Word to EPUB using Calibre
- Make great ebook covers while saving money
- Upload and sell ebooks at Smashwords
- Sell ebooks at Apple, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, Scribd, Oyster, Library Direct and many more
Who Should Take This Course:
|Section 1: What Makes Smashwords Special|
|Introduction to Smashwords||FREE||00:01:46|
|Useful Links for the Course||FREE||00:00:00|
|Download the Style Guide||FREE||00:03:45|
|Section 2: Formatting for Smashwords|
|Common Front Matter Elements||00:00:00|
|Section 3: Table of Contents|
|Table of Contents Smashwords Method||00:05:49|
|Table of Contents Alternate Method||00:05:40|
|Formatting Extras, Tips and Professional Options||00:05:16|
|Section 4: Cover Design|
|Cover Design Specifics and Tips||00:03:43|
|Design Specs and Tips Useful Links, Rules and Technical Info||00:00:00|
|Hiring a Pro Designer||00:03:00|
|Templates and Cover Sites||00:03:07|
|DIY Programs and Images||00:05:06|
|Links for Do-It-Yourself Types||00:00:00|
|Section 5: Smashwords Direct for Uploading EPUB Files|
|MS Word .doc or EPUB file, Which is Right for You?||00:00:00|
|Convert Word docx to ePub with Calibre||00:05:01|
|Section 6: Publishing at Smashwords|
|Uploading to Smashwords||00:05:31|
|Submitted and Pending Review||00:04:19|
|Upload Epub or Updating at Smashwords||00:03:00|
|Channel Manager for Distribution Options||00:02:34|
|Payment and Tax Info, Smashwords Updates and Blog||00:00:00|
|Section 7: After Publishing Extras at Smashwords|
|Author Profile and Account Info||00:01:34|
No Reviews found for this course.