Strategic Human Capital and Talent Management
The Business Won Tomorrow Depends on the Talents You Nurture Today.
In-House sessions available upon request.
A Powerful 2-Day Intensive Course.
Brought to you by:
Dr. Jim Cannon, PhD, FCIPD, FCMI
“Jim made the session very lively.”
– Senior HRM Manager, AUO Sunpower Sdn Bhd
What You Will Learn:
- BENCHMARK against the best practices in the world on Talent Management Strategies
- GAIN INSIGHTS into the various workforce planning issues
- LEARN the Six Steps Process for improved selection of candidates
- UNDERSTAND the link between performance and rewards
- DISCOVER proven employees engagement and retention strategies
Who Should Attend:
This course is specially designed with various industry feedback on the current needs and is most suitable for personnel from the following departments:
- Human Resource
- Talent Management
- Employer Branding
- Organisational Development
- Learning & Development
- Change Management
- Employees Relation and Retention
- Leadership Development
- Compensation and Benefits
Dr. Jim Cannon, PhD, FCIPD, FCMI
With a career spanning some 25 years, you will find Jim an outstanding source of inspiration for your people and organisation.
As a specialist in organisational development, as well as being a fully qualified and experienced coach to individual executives, he has worked for some of the largest and well-known companies in the world.
Jim has facilitated some of the most controversial and high profile meetings around the world, in the UK, North America, Europe and Asia. Bringing people together to work and achieve a common goal is Jim’s motivation and satisfaction.
As a trainer for the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, Jim runs an extensive series of training programmes, which have been attended by some 3500 people in the last 8 years, giving you the highest quality delivery and providing your people real hands on skills they can take away and implement immediately to better their career, improve their self esteem and their productivity in your business.
With a story telling style of real life issues and solutions, Jim brings a warm, unique and relatable presence to your team… most importantly, discretion is paramount to the success of all the facilitation, coaching and counselling work undertaken.
Jim’s skills mean he is in demand with both corporate and non-corporate organisations.
Jim has a Degree in Behavioural Science, a Masters Degree in Manpower Studies and a Doctorate in Organisational Psychology, his full career has included such household names as Charterhouse, Black and Decker and Thorn EMI, all at director level.
Some Recent Projects and Achievements:
- Designed and delivered Senior Management Development Programme for part of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Designed and delivered a programme on Developing the Strategic Manager for HBOS, JP Morgan, Bridgestone
- Delivered a Team Leader programme for Singers including developing a 360 feedback process and providing feedback and coaching as a result
- Completed an Organisation Audit in India for NIEA
- Designed and delivered a programme on Improving Engagement for Cambridge Agency in Melbourne, Australia
- Trained a cadre of 40 Mentors to launch a mentoring scheme in the FCO
- Co-authored 3 toolkits for CIPD in recent years
- Delivered courses on Facilitation, Counselling, Workforce Planning, Change Management for many clients including Birmingham City Council, GVA Grimley, Eumetsat (Dormund), Eurocontrol (Brussels), NPIA, National Archives, MOD, MHRA, Philips, Plus Housing, North Yorks Council, Marks and Spencer, Texas, ABB, BAPCO (Bahrain)
- Facilitated a workshop on Organisation Design for Areva in Paris
- Delivered an intensive programme on Human Resource Management in Nigeria for i Skill and for MTC Vodaphone in Bahrain
- Facilitated team improvement for the Directors of The Health Foundation over 2 years
- Acted as Mediator to resolve conflicts in Oriel College and Southend Housing Association
- Coached a series of line managers moving into Head of HR roles in Astrazeneca (Portugal, Denmark, Austria, Norway)
Talent Management and Organisational Strategy
- What is talent?
- Group discussion and debrief
- Working definitions
- What is potentials?
Measuring Performance and Potential
- Ways of measuring performance and potential
- Sharing participant’s experience
- Developing a Talent Management (TM) strategy in line with Organisational Strategy
- Working with different segments: The Nine Box Model
- Strategic workforce planning
- scenario planning
- Leadership and HR roles in TM
Talent Acquisition Sourcing, Branding, Interviewing and On-Boarding
- Why do we sometimes fail to find the right candidates?
- Roles and responsibilities: HR and Line management
- A suggested Six Step Process for improved selection
- Exercise: analysing jobs to identify key competences
- The Employer Brand
- Review of recruitment and selection methods
- Case study
- On- boarding
- The first 30 days: identifying the elements that improve retention
Developing Talent Management Tools
- Different ways of development – brainstorming session
- Knowledge management
- Using critical incident and the development review session
- The review interview: practice session
- The top talent review
- The 3 step model of career management
Performance Management and Measurement
- Building a model of the levers of performance
- Motivation: exercise
- Values: exercise
- Total reward
- A 5 step process to deal with poor performance
- Working with remote and contract workers: HR and line roles
- Feedback and criticism the difference: exercise
- The poor performance interview: exercise
- Coaching and mentoring
- Coaching exercise
Employee Retention and Engagement Strategies
- Measurement of loss and survival
- Retaining top talent
- The 8 characteristics which determine engagement
- The Leaders role in building the talent pipeline
- Case studies in retention
- Developing an engagement and retention strategy: exercise
Measuring The Effectiveness of Your Talent Management Process
- What does success look like?
- Using a tool to assess effectiveness
- Using tools and templates to identify participants’ next steps
|Strategic Human Capital and Talent Management||14:00:00|
No Reviews found for this course.