Web Design for Artists: Selling Your Art Work Online
With no experience necessary, create websites for your art, studio, band, or exhibit and make money selling your goods!
As an artist and musician, I learned how to create websites out of pure necessity. I am not a professional programmer – I learned through trial and error and studying on my own what works and what doesn’t work. I’ve now written hundreds of websites for artists, musicians, bands, galleries, and other organizations.
In 2009 I created this class, “Web Design for Artists” as a class I teach in-person around my area. The class has been very successful, and I’m really excited to bring it to an online platform. My goal with this class is simple: I want all artists to have a website, be able to manage their website, and to never, ever, have to pay someone to do it for them.
This is a hands-on class: I am going to make a website for myself during this class, and walk you through every step. Nearly every video is a “walk through” on how to do something. And because I’m not a technical web designer, we won’t get bogged down with any abstract terminology – only what we need. Lets dive in!READ MORE
Praise for other classes by J. Anthony Allen:
- “Dr Allen does it again with his music theory for electronic musicians series. This course really opened up everything I learned from the 1st section and now I understand more about the composition side of things for music. I highly highly recommend this course to anyone!!! Really opened my eyes to many things I wasn’t aware of.”
- “The Best Teacher ever, who make you understand the in & out Music Theory by all mean without giving what you don’t want to know.”
- “I have never had any formal training in music at all. Trying to learn all the notes and how everything translated was a serious challenge. After going thru this class, Dr. J has totally brought down the barriers. The content was very useful and was easy to grasp for me.”
- No experience necessary
- Students will need to purchase a domain name and hosting plan (about $50) during the class if they don’t already have one.
- Having a domain name before starting the class is NOT required.
What Will You Get From This Course:
- Over 47 lectures and 6.5 hours of content
- By the end of this course, you will have a working, gorgeous website to show off your material.
- In this course you will learn how to create stunning websites without learning any tedious code.
- Students will learn how to setup a hosting account, domain name, and WordPress website.
Who Should Take This Course:
- Anyone in need of learning how to make a website to manage their own content
|Section 1: Overview|
|Welcome & Overview||FREE||00:05:04|
|How We Will Learn||FREE||00:06:39|
|Super Big Handout||FREE||00:00:00|
|Section 2: The One-Time-Only Stuff|
|Mac or PC? Doesn’t Matter!||FREE||00:02:13|
|Picking a Hosting Company||00:08:22|
|Picking a Domain Name||00:14:16|
|Domain Setup and Hosting Walkthrough||00:16:49|
|Transferring a Domain Name or Hosting to a New Company||00:05:40|
|Transferring a Domain Name, Part 2||00:12:51|
|Setting up Email Accounts||00:10:34|
|Installing a Temporary Password on Your (New) Website||00:06:15|
|Done with Setup!||00:03:00|
|Section 3: The Every-Few-Years Stuff|
|Finding a Theme||00:16:03|
|Installing a Theme||00:04:19|
|Configuring a Theme||00:08:49|
|Pages Vs. Posts||00:06:04|
|Organizing Your Menu||00:09:16|
|Setting up Menus||00:08:45|
|Setting the Home Page||00:11:51|
|How Embedding Works||00:05:43|
|Setting the Store Link||00:03:37|
|Section 4: The Day-to-Day Stuff|
|Day-to-Day Stuff Overview||FREE||00:01:46|
|Integrating Social Media: Twitter||00:12:16|
|Integrating Social Media: Facebook||00:10:42|
|The Case Against Calendars||00:05:45|
|A Word of Caution||00:02:46|
|Updating Your Content||00:02:19|
|Day-to-Day Stuff Wrap-Up||00:01:04|
|Section 5: The Bells and Whistles|
|Overview of the Extras Here||FREE||00:00:42|
|Password Protecting Pages and Scheduling Pages||00:07:15|
|Take that Password Protection Off!||00:03:46|
|Basic HTML for Widgets||00:13:00|
|Thats All Folks!||00:02:09|
|Advanced Paypal Features||00:07:52|
No Reviews found for this course.